Friday, January 25, 2008

Austalian Open 2008 Updates

Tsonga pulls off stunning upset of Nadal


Australia MELBOURNE, Unseeded Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga pulled off a stunning upset to beat second seed Rafael Nadal 6-2 6-3 6-2 in the Australian Open semi-finals on Thursday.

The world number 38, playing just his fifth grand slam tournament, simply blew the Spaniard off court in just under two hours to reach Sunday's final against top seed Roger Federer or third seed Novak Djokovic.

"It is just amazing, unbelievable, nothing could stop me today," Tsonga said in a courtside interview.

"I tried to hit everything and everything went in, so what can I say?"

"My family said it is like a dream for them, everybody in France is happy for me. I will try to do my best for the final."

Tsonga knocked out seeds Andy Murray, Richard Gasquet and Mikhail Youzhny on his way to the last four and he came out with all guns blazing, peppering Nadal with a barrage of booming serves and groundstrokes to take the opening set in 32 minutes.

No comments:

Davis Cup 2008

Search Tennis World, Java Questions and Solutions, Free Seo Analysis

Google

Roger the Great

Roger the Great
Roger federer Trimph